Large, clunky coffee makers aren’t right for anyone. If you’re in the market for a small and sleek machine to get you to your necessary cup of joe in the AM, then you need to know which one is right for you. With so many options on the market, it can be hard to decide which coffee maker is right for you.
Well, not anymore.
I am breaking down the top five 4 cup coffee makers on the market. There is something for everyone on this list. The goal is to find the one that suits you best.
Carry on reading or jump straight to our number #1 pick here.
- What Should I Look For When Buying a 4 Cup Coffee Maker?
- Here’s How We’ve Determined the Best 4 Cup Coffee Makers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Verdict: Your Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker
What Should I Look For When Buying a 4 Cup Coffee Maker?
If you are looking to purchase a 4 cup coffee maker, then you’re likely not looking to make enormous amounts of coffee. You also might be looking for something small enough to fit in an area with not a whole lot of counter space, whether it’s at home or in an office. Well, on the hunt for the perfect 4 cup coffee maker to use every day, consider these important things.
Criteria #1: Is there a pause and serve feature?
Just because you’re making 4 cups of java doesn’t mean that you want to wait for them all to finish brewing. The benefit of finding a machine with a pause and serve feature is that you don’t have to wait. You can get your hands on your cup of joe easier than ever before. How? It’s simple – pause and serve.
Criteria #2: Is there a warming plate?
A warming plate is also a good option to have. This is especially true if you’re someone who likes to start brewing their coffee, get ready for the day, and go back to their ready coffee cup. A warming plate will ensure that your coffee stays nice and hot, even if you have been away from it for a while. If you want to keep your coffee warm, you will want to find a coffee maker with this feature.
Criteria #3: Is there an indicator light and auto shut off?
Safety first! If your four-cup coffee machine comes with a specific shut-off feature, that’s great. That reduces the chanceof anything undesirable happening, especially while you’re not around. An indicator light will also help you to stay on top of the status of your device.
Criteria #4: What type of carafe does it have?
A lot of four-cup coffee makers are designed with a plastic carafe. It’s just “the way it is”. This also allows for the product to be cheaper. And don’t worry – plastic doesn’t mean that it’s cheap or harmful. Most plastic nowadays is reinforced, so you don’t have to worry about breakage. However, be careful that you’re checking to make sure that the plastic is BPA-free. BPA-free means that there are no harmful substances inside.
Also, keep in mind that plastic is not your only option. You can also find a stainless steel carafe and glass carafes. Some products even allow for aftermarket items, so you can start with plastic and switch to another type of carafe (such as a durable stainless steel carafe) if desired.
Criteria #5: Are there any notable features?
Not all coffee makers are created equal. For example, our top pick comes with an ember-cooking function that allows for additional flavor. It also allows you to make more foam, creating a barista-style finish you will love. However, others come with specialties like built-in grinding and dual water windows for your convenience. When shopping, look for the features that you might like to have in your home.
Criteria #6: Is it easy to use?
Most 4 cup coffee makers are going to be pretty easy to understand. However, some come with added features that might make the process even simpler. For example, a built-in grinder will allow you to grind up your fave coffee beans and enjoy the flavor in a flash. Others come with a single push-to-start option, so there’s no unnecessary fiddling. Again, it all comes down to the specific features of the machine.
Criteria #7: Is it easy to clean?
I hate cleaning. Who doesn’t? So, finding a machine that is easy to clean is at the top of my list (and probably yours, too). For this, you will want to seek out a removable filter basket that is dishwasher safe. That way, you can simply remove the filter when you’re done with your brew and toss it into the washer. Wipe down your machine, and you’re ready to roll.
Criteria #8: How big is it?
Consider the size! You’re likely on the market for a 4 cup, rather than a 5 cup, coffee machine because you’re low on space. So, find a size that works for you. Tight areas will benefit from a very small machine, for example, while others can handle a coffee 4 cup machine that’s slightly larger.
Here’s How We’ve Determined the Best 4 Cup Coffee Makers
Ready to get your hands on a top-notch 4 cup coffee maker? Your morning activities will thank you for buying one of these stellar coffee machines. I took the liberty of looking high and low to find the best of the best. I looked at the features, price tag, and actual customer reviews to make my picks. So, now you can make a purchase and finally feel confident about it. Let’s get brewing.
#1: Cuisinart DCC-450BK (Best Value)
One popular name in the coffee game is Cuisinart. They offer well-priced equipment that buyers love. Well, the same is true for the Cuisinart DCC 450BK. There are lots of reasons to enjoy this 4 cup coffee machine for a fairly low price, which is why I ranked it as the best value.
- Stainless steel carafe – Everyone can agree that stainless steel anything is a plus.
- Dripless pour spout and knuckle guard – Because brewing your coffee shouldn’t be difficult, uncomfortable, or messy.
- Automatic shutoff – Aside from the indicator light, this coffee maker also has an automatic shutoff. Never worry about leaving your coffee maker on ever again!
- Brew pause feature – Don’t want to wait until the brew is completed before pouring? Yeah, me neither. That’s why consumers love the brew pause feature.
Basically, this is a simple machine that is still one of the best. Made from Cuisinart, you can rest assured this is a high-quality product that will get the job done. After a single quick brew cycle, you will realize just how great this machine truly is.
#2: SAKI Turkish Coffee Maker (Best Machine)
If you don’t mind spending more money on your small coffee maker, I highly recommend the SAKI Turkish Coffee Maker. Sure, it might cost a bit more than the competition, but the reviewers will tell you it is worth the price. Let’s take a closer look to find out why.
Reason #1 to Choose This Product – Cook-Sense Technology
Becoming a barista from your home doesn’t have to be so difficult. This 4 cup coffee maker comes complete with unique cook-sense technology. What is this, you ask? Well, this machine knows exactly how much to brew without overdoing it. When the coffee reaches the top of your coffee mug, it will shut off automatically. Wow!
Reason #2 to Choose This Product – Ember-Cooking Function
Let’s talk about becoming a professional barista in your home one more time. With this 4 cup coffee maker, you get professional-style foam with every cup of joe brewed. That’s right – double the foam means double the flavor and experience. All you have to do is click the “Ember-Cooking” option while making your cup of joe. You’re going to love how this java tastes!
Reason #3 to Choose This Product – One-Button Quick Brewing
Add your coffee and get going. It’s that simple. It only takes a single touch of a button. Did I mention that it takes only around 2 to 3 minutes before you’re might with delicious, professional-like coffee? There’s no need to spend so much money at your favorite coffee spot anymore!
Reason #4 to Choose This Product – Double Spout Pot
Are you not so great at pouring coffee? Yeah, me neither. Well, now, it doesn’t matter if you’re good at it or not. It doesn’t even matter if you are right or left-handed. With the double spout pot, you won’t have to worry about spills.
Reason #5 to Choose This Product – Stainless Steel Design
Reliable and sturdy, you don’t have to worry about this sleek 4 cup coffee maker meeting the pavement and cracking in half. It’s a great 4 cup coffee maker with tons of features, but the stainless steel design ensures none of these features go to waste.
If you’re willing to spend more money, you should definitely consider this machine. This, by far, has the most innovative features out of any other machine on this list. It offers effortless and fast brewing and a double-spout pot for ease of pouring. Truly, there’s never been a better coffee-drinking experience than with this machine.
#3: Chefman Grind and Brew (Best Grind and Brew)
Replace Image below with Amazon SiteTools Image
Sure, grinding your own coffee beans sounds like an easy enough task, but is it really? It can be a major pain to grind your coffee beans on the side. So, if you’re like me and need convenience in your life, then you will love the Chefman Grind and Brew coffee maker. Here are more reasons to love it.
- Built-in grinder – Yes, as you can tell, I am a major fan of the built-in grinder. It makes things so much easier. Plus, you can use a variety of flavors. By doing the grinding yourself, you can also get the very best, richest flavors possible. Yum! (But don’t worry – it still takes pre-ground coffee, too.)
- Customizable – The one-button operation ensures ease of use, but this 4 cup coffee maker also allows the user complete customization of their brew strength. Now, you can have as little or as much as you please.
- Pause and serve and warming abilities – Want to set it and forget it? That’s my favorite way to make coffee on busy mornings. That’s where the 30-minute warming function comes into play. It’s super handy! Plus, you can also stop mid-brew to pour a cup before the brewing is complete – if you’re into that kind of thing.
- Stainless steel design – Lastly, you will enjoy the stainless steel craftsmanship of this coffee maker. Reliable and sturdy, it will see you into many years of coffee making.
Grinding your own coffee beans can lead to immense flavor. You will love the ease of this machine plus the customization of different brews. Start with a simple brew that is low on the intensity and work your way up to the max.
#4: Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker (Best Low Cost)
Replace Image below with Amazon SiteTools Image
When it comes to finding the perfect coffee maker, Mr. Coffee is always at or near the top of the list. This company is known for offering budget-friendly, yet high-quality, coffee machines that won’t leave you hanging. This is true whether you’re opting for the 5 cup coffee maker or something even more compact, like the 4 cup coffee maker from Mr. Coffee.
- Easy to use – Thanks to an on and off light, it’s a cinch to know whether your Mr. Coffee coffee machine is ready to rock and roll or not. It also ensures that you don’t run out the door without turning your small coffee machine off. Safety first, right?
- Auto-pause – No more waiting for several cups of coffee to brew before you get your hands on your java. You can pour yourself a mug of coffee by using the pause function before the brewing cycle is finished. (And coffee addicts heave a sigh of relief across the nation.)
- Dual water window design – Okay, sometimes the small things are the most helpful. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve overflowed my coffee machine. Haven’t you? Say goodbye to this dilemma by watching the water while pouring with the Mr. Coffee dual water window design.
- Easy to clean – Although you might be revved up after your cup of joe, it doesn’t mean you want to clean all morning. Having a removable filter and being 100% easy to clean is a major bonus from the Mr. Coffee machine.
You’re sure to love the 4 cup coffee maker Mr. Coffee has to offer. It’s super inexpensive but still has all of the wonderful features you could ever want.
#5: Brentwood Coffee Maker (Best Glass Carafe)
For some, having 4 cup coffee makers with a glass carafe is the only option. Well, if this sounds like you, then you will love the Brentwood Coffee Maker. Did I mention that this is a very budget-friendly option? Talk about getting your 4 cups of coffee for less! Let’s see why you might like it.
- Ease of use – Coffee brewing is done with a click of a button. Simply toss your favorite coffee grounds inside, push the start button, and you’re on your way to four cups of coffee.
- Comes with a hot plate – Cold coffee? No, thank you. That’s one way to ruin your perfect morning. Thanks to the inclusion of a hot plate, you can be confident that your pot of coffee hot level doesn’t dip. Now, you can enjoy your coffee warm long after brewing.
- Removable and reusable filter basket – Having a dishwasher-safe removable filter basket is a must when it comes to brewing coffee. That way, you can toss your filter into the dishwasher and never have to worry about extra cleaning.
The Brentwood Coffee Maker is super cheap, too, but the benefit is that it comes with a glass carafe that is entirely dishwasher safe. You will also enjoy a keep-warm plate to enjoy hot coffee all of the time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions in regards to 4 cup coffee makers. These questions can help make your decision easier when choosing which best 4 cup coffee maker is right for you. Plus, it offers a bit of extra insight into coffee brewing.
What is the best 4 cup coffee maker on the market?
If you look at our list of the best 4 cup coffee makers, it’s easy to see that the SAKI Turkish Coffee Maker is the number one pick. However, everyone has different needs and wants when it comes to their 4 cup of coffee makers. For example, one person might think that having a glass carafe and a warming plate is more important than built-in grinding.
How much coffee do I put in a 4 cup coffee maker?
Is this your first time choosing a four-cup coffee maker? Then you need to know how to use it. The coffee makers on this list are all designed for ease of use, and most are easy to clean. When it comes to brewing, though, it’s pretty standard:
– Use 24 tablespoons (180 grams) of coffee for a strong cup of coffee.
– For a milder cup of coffee, use 19 tablespoons (144 grams).
Verdict: Your Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker
I know, I know. It’s a lot of information to unpack, especially when you haven’t had your morning cup of coffee! So, I’ve made it easy with this basic summary of my top picks.
If you want the best value for your money, pick the Cuisinart DCC-450BK.
If you aren’t afraid to spend extra for added features, consider the SAKI Turkish Coffee Maker.
If you need a coffee maker that can grind and brew, pick the Chefman Grind and Brew.
If you want to keep the spend under $30, pick the Mr. Coffee 4-Cup Coffee Maker.
If you specifically need a glass carafe, consider the Brentwood Coffee Maker.
Whether you’re into a dishwasher-safe machine that comes with a pause and serve function, or you prefer a basic machine that provides you with enough coffee to keep you happy, you can find it on this list. All of these coffee 4 cup machines will keep you satisfied, whether you’re using them for home use or in the office.
- How Much Caffeine Does Maxwell House Coffee Have? Watch Out! - November 27, 2022
- Need A Substitute For Coffee Creamer? 25 Perfect Alternatives - November 27, 2022
- Do You Wonder What Coffee To Use For French Press? 3 Tips - November 10, 2022